Monday, October 5, 2009

Unit 5 - modules

There were actually a couple of modules I installed, and hope to soon test out: a FAQ section and a chat room section (this one I'm unsure about- I didn't see technology requirements listed so I thought I'd give it a try). After reviewing available modules, these two seemed fitting for a collection of information relating to cleft lips/palates. I anticipate that many users of this collection are seeking information because they're personally involved with this birth defect. Some users might not know where to start with their research, which is why an FAQ section can help get them started. A chat room might not enhance the collection itself; it would be there as an added bonus, as many users are overwhelmed and need to talk to someone who not only shares in their experience, but may suggest further resources. In fact, suggestions via a chat room could give guidance on what my collection needs. Another module I'm considering is the daily news feed.
The only problems experienced was the correct format for entering the command in my VM. For example, typing "FAQ" vs. "Frequently Asked Questions," and keeping "chatroom" as one word vs. two. The simplest omission of a letter or one letter too many will result in an error message, so you need to pay very close attention to how you're entering the command.

No comments: