Thursday, September 3, 2009

Unit 1- collection objects

Though I have an extensive collection of digital photographs, I wanted a collection to more than just "pictures of friends" or "pictures of family." What I believe I'll work with are digital collection items chronicling the condition my niece was born with: cleft lip and palette. This collection would include images of her (inside the womb, as a newborn, shortly after her surgery, etc.), as well as documents on the stages of working through this condition post-surgery (i.e. speech therapy). The collection will also include documents that users could potentially be interested in such as symptons, causes, cures, conditions in developing countries. I do have a sound bite of her speaking, though I don't have the means for getting it onto my computer. I'll look into the possibility of transferring video images of her during the early stages. I know first hand how important it is to have a collection like this, which provides some insight to those whose infants have the same condition.

1 comment:

Διάττων said...

I saw that you just started your blog. In this case i wish you the best!

Diatton from Greece http://musicarrows.blogspot.com